For years Brothers Keeper has had a vision to build transitional housing coupled with support services to help homeless families get back on their feet. This vision has come true through our support of PROJECT HOPE.
Recently we have partnered with community leaders to explore a shelter for the chronically homeless. Basic needs – food, clothes and shelter will be provided along with social services to help those who are able and willing to change their lifestyle. Keep this huge project in your prayers. “Open Arms Village” is currently open. Presently we are working on a shelter for the chronic homeless and relocating the Soup Kitchen to that location. We call this project “Saving Mercy” in honor of the Year of Mercy.
Brothers Keeper is an active member of our community. We are constantly looking for ways to solve the problems of the poor, homeless, and marginalized rather than just continuing to put band-aids on social problems.
Some of the ways that Brothers Keeper works for the poor in our community are:
- Board Member of Community With a Heart
- Member and past officer of Marion County Homeless Council
- Marion County Continuum of Care
- United Way Partner
- United Way Community Impact Advisory Board
- Board Member of Catholic Charities of Central Florida
- Blessed Trinity Uganda Mission Board
- Member of First Step Food Bank